Make a lasting direct impact in the lives of refugee families here in Omaha by purchasing Cleaning Supplies for refugee families!
We regularly host cleaning events at apartment complexes where there are large populations of refugees. At these events, each family who participates attends a 30 minute cleaning class (taught in their language). After attending the class, families receive a “starter kit” of supplies. All of the cleaning supplies are labeled with waterproof tags, written in the languages of the population being served, so families can understand what they are using and how to use it. We are able to give out these supplies solely based on the donations we receive from our incredible supporters.
Our next major cleaning event will take place on Saturday, October 5th from 10:00am-1:00pm. Our goal is to hand out 120 cleaning kits to the hundreds of refugee families living in that complex. If you would like to volunteer to help at this event, click here.
To donate a cleaning starter kit….keep reading!
There are multiple ways to participate in donating these kits:
- Utilize our Amazon “wish list“ and purchase a case (or two) of cleaning items for families online. Supplies can be shipped directly to our address (which is already in Amazon’s system when you go to check out). Click here to purchase a case of cleaning supplies.
- Give $25, to cover the cost of one cleaning kit (which will last a family for months!) To donate, click here.
- Buy Cleaning Supplies from our Walmart List. Click here to purchase supplies from Walmart (will auto ship to us).
- Purchase a “Cleaning Starter Kit” from any store (if you are buying name brand), or from Walmart (if you are buying generic). Most of the families we work with shop at Walmart, so we need to make sure they can find the supplies to rebuy them, once they run out.
Here is our chart of which cleaning supplies we prefer for our kits:
Here is a written list of the above chart:
- Kitchen cleaner (we prefer Clorox Cleaner and Bleach)
- Degreaser (we prefer Greased Lightning)
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner (we prefer Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach)
- Glass cleaner (we prefer Windex)
- Wall and all purpose cleaner (we prefer Simple Green)
- Bathroom cleaner (we prefer Clorox Bathroom Cleaner)
- Set of tupperware (any brand)
- Set of cleaning gloves (any brand)
If you would like to drop off items at our storage unit (4383 Izard Street), we are open and accepting donations on:
- Tuesday evenings from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, September 14th from 8:00am-10:00am
- Saturday, September 21st from 8:00am-10:00am
For storage unit address and directions, visit here.